The Planet Bofa website is an online tutoring system that delivers bespoke, dynamic learning that individually guides each student to 11+ and KS2 success.
With the Planet Bofa website you can:
- Boost learning with laser-focus on weaker areas;
- Use our uniquely effective and holistic learning journey for each child; and
- Track pupil progress effortlessly with instant reporting, whether you're a parent, tutor or school.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller of your information is Planet Bofa Limited (Company no. 06042722) of 10 Church Lane, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS18 5LA.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Planet Bofa website, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to the Planet Bofa website, subscribe to or use any of our Services, search for a product, place an order on the website, participate in social media functions on the website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the website or our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, age, username, password, financial and credit/debit card information and other registration information.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you use the Planet Bofa website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer, mobile or handheld device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit to the Planet Bofa website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information was collected. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide the Services to you and communicate with you.
- To carry our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchase or enquired about.
- To personalise the Services for you and ensure that content from the Planet Bofa website is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To develop, maintain and protect the Planet Bofa website and our Services.
- To administer the Planet Bofa website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Planet Bofa website safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the Services.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Planet Bofa website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and to address security or technical issues.
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Planet Bofa website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Planet Bofa website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any information that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites or use these services.
Last updated 20th April 2017