Tell us who you are
The Get-Started Guide
We’re here to save you time and facilitate independent learning.
What happens when you use the BOFA Quick Start Tool?
- You are first guided through the demo information page.
- Then you need to Register a school account using your email address otherwise you cannot start the demo.
- We will then walk you through the demo test to experience the complete formative learning process.
- The process ends with your report, make sure you get lots of answers wrong otherwise this will blank!
- Buy your product in the shop.
- Then create a unique pupil account to use your purchased product.
This is how schools are using our cutting-edge learning system.
LESSON 1: CLASS
1. With their teacher, pupils log on to:
- Complete a short demo test across English, Maths, VR or NVR
- Get a taste of all the stages of the Planet BOFA platform
2. Automatic marking returns:
- Simple explanations paired with any incorrect answers
- Tailored practice questions around these weaker areas, which the pupils complete
3. Pupils now take the bespoke ‘retest’ in the same subject
- It has a laser focus on the areas already identified for development
4. Here is the instant report (which can be exported), presenting:
- Questions they didn’t get right, with answers and explanations, organised into topics
Good to know: The administrator, tutor and parent receive the instant report by email, with the score and time spent (unless they’ve been opted out of notifications).
LESSON 1: HOMEWORK
The first full-length test. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom during lesson 2.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: CLASS
1. Teachers go through the tailored practice questions that have been produced from the full-length test done as homework.
2. They also go over the initial questions from that test that were answered incorrectly.
LESSON 2 ONWARDS: HOMEWORK
1. The retest from Lesson 2 (thereby finishing that test cycle).
2. A new full-length test, probably in a new subject. Pupils complete only the initial part at home. The ensuing practice questions are done in the classroom, where the tailored-practice-plus-bespoke retest cycle will begin again.
A report is emailed when each retest is complete. It signals the end of each individual test circuit.
Report data can be viewed individually or across a cohort, and exported in a click. It’s organised into topics to make a ‘pot of gold’ for teachers – a brilliant resource that enables super-efficient teaching of the weaker areas in class. For example, it helps teachers sort pupils into small working groups to focus on specific topics.
Pupils are keen to do Planet BOFA homework because it’s fun. Direct them to wait 2-7 days before starting the retest or they’ll be demonstrating short-term memory rather than long term learning.