Tell us who you are
Planet BOFA's bespoke online teaching provides outstanding Pretest support for teachers and pupils
Proud to be different, Planet BOFA tests, teaches, retests and tracks student progress; personalising the process with formative learning that accelerates success.
1 A unique online learning platform
BOFA is a unique online learning platform, where every question comes as a triplet. Initially a summative assessment, followed by differentiated explanations and practice, then a formative assessment, creates detailed subject reports to compare learning needs across existing and historical cohorts.
2 Our three stage process is unique to every child
In their Initial Test, pupils answer questions designed to test their current knowledge across a range of topics at a specific level. This is marked instantly, informing both you and the pupil, and their parent if you wish, the current knowledge in a summative assessment.
The pupil then moves onto a practice and explanation stage, where the pupil receives bespoke explanations and teaching identified in the initial test. A similar practice question is supplied to aid learning. This comes with further explanation and teaching if necessary.
After about a week, so that the pupil is not just testing their short-term memory, they move on to the Retest, which contains the final question in the triplet. The errors at this stage are placed into the pupil reports.
3 Individual and group reports
BOFA then emails the teacher (and potentially the parent too) to let them know how much improvement the child has made. The Report is then generated on the individual pupil's tests page. This report includes the questions that they answered incorrectly during the retest, with corresponding answers and explanations sorted by topic. Teachers can export a spreadsheet detailing learning needs, by topic, across their entire cohort.
4 Resources for class and individual Pretest preparation
The BOFA Pretest resources supply 21 pre-prepared complete Pretests. The Pretests can be done both in school or at home, what is important is that the pupil is not disturbed during the Pretest. The length of the Pretests vary according to the subject with Maths taking the longest at 50 minutes and the shortest is the English at 25 minutes. The practice and explanations can be done independently, or for those pupils with learning support in one-to-one time. The following week, pupils can do a new Pretest and the similar retest questions from the previous Pretest. This allows complete differentiation.
5 Attention to detail
Planet BOFA saves pupils time, by only teaching topics that pupils need to learn; pupils enjoy the independent learning with regular praise. Teachers relish the time saved marking and preparing lessons and can use their valuable time only teaching pupils topics they do not understand.
This is what makes BOFA so special, the attention to detail that allows us to nurture the potential in every child.
Someday, everyone will learn the BOFA way!
6 Curriculum and Syllabus
The BOFA Pretest is design to prepare pupils for Independent senior school exams sat at the age of 11 in a large number of Prep schools. They have been design to allow pupils to practice doing tests of a similar duration and a similar structure.
Register now to take a free demo test and see how effortless Planet BOFA is to use.
The unique benefits of using Planet BOFA
- Access to an efficient, unbeatable learning tool that propels pupils to Pretest success (created by two-million-plus-selling Bond Assessment author Andrew Baines).
- Planet BOFA is as unique as every child. No test question will ever be repeated during a pupil’s education with us.
- You'll be in good company. Our retention rate for schools is 98%. We have over 150,000 users on the database, with 6 million tests done and counting!
- Faster results. Marking is instant and automatic. Each incorrect answer comes not only with a clear explanation, but with a follow on practice question, and subsequent bespoke retest question.
- See happy, motivated kids who are keen to learn. Confidence and scores sky-rocket as children feel independent managing their work, yet supported by our personalised approach. Customising the colours and text is fun too.
- Flexible, inclusive teaching that fits around family life. No one gets stuck learning with Planet BOFA. Explanations are easy to digest. The 50 and 25 minute tests can be paused. And each answer will be marked and tracked whether it’s within the time limit or not. A child is guided through weaker areas until they’re ready to move on.
- High-flyers are offered individual extension work to nurture their academic potential.
- Feedback is at your fingertips. Emails with key information arrive at the end of each test stage, so you're always up to speed on progress. And when one learning circuit is complete (after the 'retest'), you'll receive an instant report. Reports show questions the student didn’t get right, with answers and explanations, organised into topics that need more study time.
- Hassle-free account management. For example, it’s a cinch to transfer an existing subscription to a sibling.